[BioC] increase memory size in R, problem reading 67 affy CEL files

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Nov 26 13:12:32 CET 2004

Perhaps the following FAQ might be useful
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#There-seems-to-be-a-limit-on-the-memory-it-uses_0021

Also keep in mind that if you have already allocated 1.8 GB of memory,
then requesting 0.7 GB more memory might be impossible. I am no expert
in this but I would suggest to try from a fresh R session.

justRMA replaces ReadAffy() + rma(). I think it is faster because it
does store the intermediate affybatch object in memory.

Also please search the mailing archives for similar questions and
answers.

Regards, Adai