[BioC] increase memory size in R, problem reading 67 affy CEL files

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Nov 26 14:09:28 CET 2004

R is not complaining that it cannot allocate a total of 700Mb, but that
it ran out of memory at a point where it was trying to allocate 700Mb to
a certain task.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623
>>> "Dipl.-Ing. Johannes Rainer" <johannes.rainer at tugraz.at> 11/26/04
1:57 AM >>>
thanks a lot!

but when i have 2GB physical memory and 6GB of virual one, how is it
possible
that R runs out of memory because it can not allocate a vector of 700MB?
but
anyway, i will use the justRMA and everything is fine.

thanks again