[BioC] Installing Packages from Bioconductor: Error

Ron Ophir ron.ophir at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Nov 30 15:56:15 CET 2004

Hi Eric,
Go to the R shortcut properties and add in the target window
--internet2 after the double quotes. If your browser works that R
download will work too.
Ron

>>> <Eric.Grund at serono.com> 11/30/04 3:47 PM >>>
Hi Everyone.

I am a R and Bioconductor novice.  On the R GUI when under packages I
click "install packages from bioconductor" I get this message:

> local({a<- CRAN.packages(CRAN=getOption("BIOC"))
+ install.packages(select.list(a[,1],,TRUE), .libPaths()[1],
available=a,
CRAN=getOption("BIOC"), dependencies=TRUE)})
trying URL
`http://www.bioconductor.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/PACKAGES'
Error in download.file(url = paste(contriburl, "PACKAGES", sep = "/"),
:
        cannot open URL
`http://www.bioconductor.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/PACKAGES'
In addition: Warning message:
unable to connect to 'www.bioconductor.org' on port 80.

Any suggestions are appreciated?  Thanks.  Eric.

Post-doc
Serono
Massachusetts