[BioC] add a gene symbol colums in an exprSet or a matrix / infinite recursion error message

Florence Combes florence.combes at paris7.jussieu.fr
Mon Oct 4 11:40:25 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I actually encounter an error message in relation with infinite recursion
when I try to call the write.table() function for a matrix of 288 columns
(288 hgu133a arrays ).
The error message is:

Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion /
options(expression=)?

I searched the email archives and I found that I could use the command:

options(expressions=10000)

to solve this problem but it does not change anything. So I would like to
know if I have to increase to 20000 or more in the above line ?
Has someone already encountered same problem ???

My goal is to add a column which includes the genesymbol before exporting
the data with write.table(). I do this with the functions
getSYMBOL
and
cbind() to add the column at the expreSet I previously transformed in a
matrix object.

If someone  know how to do that in another way which would allow me not to
encounter the error message above, please tell me....

Any help kindly accepted.....

thanks a lot,

Florence.