[BioC] add a gene symbol colums in an exprSet or a matrix / infinite recursion error message

Florence Combes florence.combes at paris7.jussieu.fr
Mon Oct 4 15:12:37 CEST 2004

OK you are right for the exemple needed. However I don't have the type of
array for the Biobase eSet, so I put on this e-mail my code... eset is an
exprSet for my 288 arrays.

affy.id <- geneNames(eset) # to obtain the probes ID
symb <- getSYMBOL(affy.id, "hgu133a") # to obtain the Gene Symbol

res <- cbind(symb, exprs(eset) # to paste the Gene Symbol column with the
expression data.
write.table(res, fil="res.txt")

It works very well for an exprSet of 10 or 20 arrays, but with 288 arrays
the last line (write.table) gives the error
message:

Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion /
options(expression=)?

Thanks for help !!!

Florence.
(I am working on Windows XP)