[BioC] difference between affy package v1.2.13 and v1.3.28

Nissa Boucherot nissab98 at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 6 17:04:45 CEST 2004

Dear Bioconductor-user and developers,

I have used  the software RMAexpress (version 0.2)
written by Ben Bolstad
(http://www.stat.berkeley.edu/users/bolstad/RMAExpress/RMAExpress.html)
and normalized with it Affymetrix HG-U133A chips. In
the RMAexpress -homepage is written, that I should get
the same result as the “expresso” and “rma” from
Bioconductor-affy-package version 1.2.13. Does anyone
knows, if there is a difference between the “expresso”
and “rma” from affy-package version 1.2.13 and the
version 1.3.28?  And if yes, what kind of difference?
Will I obtain than complete different expression
value?
I have to analyze my normalized data (with RMAexpress)
with data normalized with the affy-package version
1.3.28. And I am afraid, I am not obtaining the same
expression value. Which one are the “right“ one?
Thank you for any kind of help!

nissa