[BioC] Merging different datasets?

Silvano Piazza piazza at lncib.it
Thu Oct 28 18:22:11 CEST 2004

Hi everyones,

I have two different datasets of cDNA microarray experiments regarding
the same kind of samples, but two different kind of slices, in the sense
that  dataset1 was hybridized with slides with set of genes, and
dataset2 was hybridized with slides with set of the sames genes(so ...
clone phisical identity) PLUS other genes.

So now I would like to merge the results from the two(of course only,for
the common genes). My idea was
1) load each dataset alone and  normalize it (I am using limma)
    That's OK
2) merge the 2 datasets with MergeMaid.
    That's NOT OK because first of all MergeMaid need ExprSet class
object in input, and using as(RG,"ExprSet") function from Biobase
create ExprSet2 class object.
Second because in this way I can import only RG class object and not MA
class object, but I suppose I HAVE to normailzed each dataset on its own!

So could anyone help me?
Maybe, I miss the right way to use MargeMaid...

Or anyway there is another methods the better marge datasets with common
genes?

Thank you,everyone!

Silvano

Silvano Piazza