[BioC] Read.maimages question

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 10:31:11 CEST 2004

Thank you, that is what I expected :-)

What I am trying to do is to link the flag information to the final
results in limma as produced by topTable() (for example).  If I simply
read my data in, normalise it, fit a model and the run off with the
results, I might miss the fact that all the replicate measurements of
one of my differentially expressed genes had flags of -50.

So what I am trying to do is summarise the flags for each spot over all
replicate arrays, and then append that summary to the results of
topTable().  I realise this isn't as subtle as creating weights for each
spot based on their flags, but sometimes I prefer to do the former.

Cheers
Mick