[BioC] MAS5 and GCOC difference to get CEL files

Remo Sanges sanges at biogem.it
Mon Sep 13 19:48:49 CEST 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 7:24 PM, Adaikalavan Ramasamy wrote:

> Thanks. So GCOS is also an algorithm for producing expression measures.

GCOS should be: 'Gene Chip Operating System',

it is an environment in which you have all the software provided by
Affymetrix in order to:

- manage scanner, fluidic station etc.
- manage, organize and storage all the experiments in a database
- analyze your chip with MAS5 algorithm
- made just a very little bit of data-mining...

> I quickly skimmed through the GCOS User Guide manual but did not find
> the details of the algorithm. Could someone be kind enough to tell me
> where I can find the algorithm and how it is different from MAS 5.0.

GCOS use MAS5 algorithm...

http://www.affymetrix.com/Auth/support/downloads/manuals/
expression_s1_manual.pdf
http://www.affymetrix.com/Auth/support/downloads/manuals/