[BioC] MAS5 and GCOC difference to get CEL files

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Mon Sep 13 19:24:18 CEST 2004

Thanks. So GCOS is also an algorithm for producing expression measures.
I quickly skimmed through the GCOS User Guide manual but did not find
the details of the algorithm. Could someone be kind enough to tell me
where I can find the algorithm and how it is different from MAS 5.0.

I wish Affymetrix had a consistent way of naming things : GeneChip
software, MAS 4.0, MAS 5.0, GCOS.

I suppose it is no different than Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows NT,
Windows 98, Window ME, Window 2000, Windows XP