[BioC] Loess normalization for Agilent chips

Malard, Joel M JM.Malard at pnl.gov
Fri Sep 17 21:43:32 CEST 2004

I am struggling to get data from Agilent cDNA arrays into BioConductor.
It seems to me much easier to get the data in affy's normalize.loess()
than in the other cDNA array packages.

Given that "one who get a bargain get what he pays for", does anyone has
comments, recommendations or warnings to share about using an Affy
normalization procedure on cDNA data?

Thanks,

Joel M. Malard, Ph.D.
Scientist IV
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Battelle Boulevard, PO Box 999
Mail Stop K1-85
Richland, WA 99352

"I love the audacity of those who have everything to loose from it; the
moderation of those who have nothing to gain from it." Rostand, Jean
(1894-1977)

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]