[BioC] Weight functions for Agilent chips (limma)

Malard, Joel M JM.Malard at pnl.gov
Wed Sep 22 23:56:28 CEST 2004

Dear All,

I was wondering what other people have been using for the weight
function in read.maimages with Agilent arrays? I tried the following:

wtAgilent.GFilter <- function(qta) { qta[,"gIsPosAndSignif"] }
wtAgilent.RGFilter <- function(qta) {
(qta[,"rIsPosAndSignif"]+qta[,"gIsPosAndSignif"])/2.0 }
wtAgilent.RFilter <- function(qta) { qta[,"rIsPosAndSignif"] }
wtAgilent.mRGFilter <- function(qta) {
mapply(min,qta[,"gIsPosAndSignif"],qta[,"rIsPosAndSignif"]) }

The last one seems to give somewhat "better results by-eye" when
followed by loess normalization but is rather subjective.

Best regards,

Joel Malard

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]