[BioC] Questions about limma

He, Yiwen (NIH/CIT) heyiwen at mail.nih.gov
Tue Apr 5 18:10:51 CEST 2005

Hi, I have some questions about the data that the limma package can work on.
If I have some preprocessed/normalized data of log2 ratios from 2-color
arrays, but not the raw signal data, can I still use lmFit? A related
question is, can limma work on a subset of the data from an array? For
example, after normalization, I filter out some probes/spots. If I can
retrieve the M and A values of that subset, can I still use limma?

Bottom line, do I always have to start with raw data while using limma?

Also, are there any test data available in the package?

Thank you, Yiwen

                           \\||//
                          (o o)
   .-.    .-. oOOo~(_)~oOOo.    .-.        .-.
 /| | | x | | |\     /| | | x | | |\     /| | | x | | |\     /| | |

| | |/     \| | | x | | |/     \| | | x | | |/     \| | | x | | |/
`-'        `-'    `-'        `-'    `-'         `-'    `-'

--------

Yiwen He, Ph.D., M.P.H.

Analyst/Web Developer

Contractor, SRA International Inc.

Bioinformatics and Molecular Analysis Section

Center for Information Technology

National Institute of Health

--------

Bldg. 12A, Rm. 1018