[BioC] tcltk problems

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Apr 13 16:31:30 CEST 2005

Hi Simon,

"Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko" <simonf at cshl.edu> writes:
> After installing R-2.0.1 and reinstalling bioconductor I've started
> having problems with tcltk (below).

Can you report what you get, in R, for capabilities()?

If tcltk is FALSE, then the issue is related to your new R install.
You may need to have the tcl-dev and tk-dev (guessing names) rpms
installed as well before intalling the R rpm.  This would at least be
true if you wanted to build R from source.

>> library(widgetTools)
> Error in fun(...) : The tcl/tk library is not available in your
> system.

widgetTools doesn't work without tcltk working, no surprise.

>> library(tcltk);
> Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) : undefined exports: addTclPath,
> as.tclObj, is.tclObj, is.tkwin
> In addition: Warning message:
> S3 method(s) '$.tclvar', '$<-.tclvar', 'as.character.tclObj',
> 'as.character.tclVar', 'as.double.tclObj', 'as.integer.tclObj',
> 'as.logical.tclObj', 'print.tclObj', '[[.tclArray', '[[<-.tclArray',
> '$.tclArray', '$<-.tclArray', 'names.tclArray', 'names<-.tclArray',
> 'length.tclArray', 'length<-.tclArray', 'tclObj.tclVar',
> 'tclObj<-.tclVar', 'tclvalue.default', 'tclvalue.tclObj',
> 'tclvalue.tclVar', 'tclvalue<-.default', 'tclvalue<-.tclVar' were
> declared in NAMESPACE but not found
> Error in library(tcltk) : package/namespace load failed for 'tcltk'

This is not an error I recognize.  Could it be that you have a stale
tcltk package?  Perhaps try update.packages?

Best,

+ seth