[BioC] Quantile normalization without using affyBatch

Shinhan Shiu shiu at uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 19 18:52:53 CEST 2005

I am working on Arabidopsis tiling array data. I want to adjust the
intensity based on GC content then do normalization. But the CDF and CEL
files are not available so the sequences and raw intensities are downloaded
from Gene Expression Omnibus instead.

I have extracted codes from gcrma and the hacked version works fine for
background correction and affinity adjustment. I run into trouble, however,
when I try to do quantile normalization.

The method "normalize" takes an affyBatch object but I am working with a
matrix of numbers. I wonder if there is any work around or other methods I
can use.

Shinhan