[BioC] affy_1.5.8-1.zip affy.pdf missing under Release 1.5

Marcus Davy MDavy at hortresearch.co.nz
Thu Apr 21 16:15:11 CEST 2005

the pull down menu to install packages via the internet using install.packages;

local({a<- CRAN.packages(CRAN=getOption("BIOC"))
+ install.packages(select.list(a[,1],,TRUE), .libPaths()[1], available=a, CRAN=getOption("BIOC"), dependencies=TRUE)})

Marcus

>>> Seth Falcon <sfalcon at fhcrc.org> 21/04/2005 3:57:02 p.m. >>>
Hi Marcus,

"Marcus Davy" <MDavy at hortresearch.co.nz> writes:
> tried to open the affy.pdf (on windows) using vignette(affy), and
> couldnt because it was missing from the C:\Program
> Files\R\rw[XXXX]\library\affy\doc directory in the windows zip
> package version 1.5.8-1;

Thanks for the report.  We will look into this and get it fixed.

> Installing affy over the internet using the Bioconductor repository
> installs 1.5.8 which does have the affy.pdf, which is also present
> in the previous stable release (Version: 1.4.32) and the current
> development release (Version: 1.6.4) zip files.

And into this.  1.5.8-1 should have replaced 1.5.8.  When you say
"over the internet", do you mean using install.packages2? Or?

Thanks,

+ seth