[BioC] RMA vs. MAS5

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Tue Aug 23 21:20:25 CEST 2005

There is no p-value associated with an expression estimate from RMA.  It is
a statistical method, so I guess in principle one could be computed using
some type of resampling method but it is not currently available.

I have looked at the difference between the MAS5 p-value and thresholding
the RMA expression level at some low number like log(50) or log(32).  The
differences are fairly substantial.  For that matter, the genes which are
"significantly differentially expressed" also substantially differ with the
normalization/summary method.

--Naomi