[BioC] ReadAffy(widget=TRUE) on OSX 10.4

Marcus Davy MDavy at hortresearch.co.nz
Tue Aug 30 03:59:53 CEST 2005

Hi,
I am getting the exact same problem on a fresh install of OS X 10.4 on a
G5 patched to 10.4.2 .
On starting the R.app, and starting X11, and running the commands;

library(affy)
ReadAffy(widget=T)

I hear the CPU fans kick in and the R.app and tcltk window becomes non
responsive.

This also happens if I try using vExplorer() with tkWidgets;

library(tkWidgets)
vExplorer()

whereas

Sys.putenv("DISPLAY"=":0")
library(tkWidgets)
vExplorer()

from the command line version of R works ok and the windows do not
freeze. Something to do with the
Gui and tcltk maybe?

Marcus

> version