[BioC] Install Rmpi on Fedora with mpich2 installed.

Li Long lilong at isb-sib.ch
Wed Dec 21 17:06:38 CET 2005

Again, this is from some work a while back.  I haven't looked very closely
at Rmpi recently, and offered the following just for your consideration...

I did modify the configure.in to use environment var MPI_INSTALL so that
I could reference $MPI_INSTALL/lib, $MPI_INSTALL/bin and $MPI_INSTALL/man
in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $PATH, $MANPATH, respectively.  For example, if you
use bash in your Linux, you can add lines like
    export MPI_INSTALL=...wherever you install your LAMMPI...
    export PATH=$MPI_INSTALL/bin:$PATH
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MPI_INSTALL/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    export MANPATH=$MPI_INSTALL/man:$MANPATH
to your .bashrc file.

This makes sure that your LAMMPI installation preceeds all other MPI
installation(s) and is used consistantly.  When I installed this package
(a long time ago), the configure.in is quite vulnerable if you have more
than one MPI installations around (such as, include mpi.h from one MPI
installation and load .a from another, or something like that).

You should take a closer look at the latest package w/ its doc to decide
how to proceed.

Good luck,

Li