[BioC] Using MAANOVA functions

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 21 19:08:21 CET 2005

Hi Heather,

>>Here is an example of the error I get.  It is identical also for the
>>"resiplot" command:
 >>
>>>riplot(spore)
>>
>>Error in plot.window(xlim, ylim, log, asp, ...) :
>>    need finite 'xlim' values
>

> Looks like the calculation of xlim results in either an Inf or -Inf.
> Your best bet is to run riplot() under the debugger and see what is
> being passed to plot().
>
> debug(riplot)
> riplot(spore)
>
> You will be able to step through the function and see what you get for
> max(I) and min(I), which may help figure out what is happening.

Another, quite powerful, possibility is to set

  options(error=recover)

before running the command. When an error occurs, you will be presented
with a menu of evaluation frames (this is R-speak for different
subroutine levels), you can choose any of them and study the values of
the variables just before the error occured. With "c" you can get back
to the menu, and with "Q" you can exit.

Best regards
   Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber