[BioC] what linux version for Affy chip analysis

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 3 15:51:15 CET 2005

Dr_Gyorffy_Balazs wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I had a lot of memory problems under windows, therefore I
> have decided to install a Linux on my computer. However,
> there are several Linux versions, and I don't know, which
> one to use with R? I would like to process a lot of
> Affymetrix chips.

One of the easiest ways to try Linux for R and Bioconductor is to use
the Quantian distribution developed by Dirk Eddelbuettel.  It fits on a
single bootable DVD image and includes R, many of the R packages, and
the entire Bioconductor packages.  Because it is derived from Knoppix it
is very easy to install.

See http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian/