[BioC] Could you help me

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Feb 4 17:39:50 CET 2005

Liao, Guiping wrote:
> Dear everyone:
>
> I am employing the Bioconductor Packages such as Siggenes to analyse
> Microarray Data. My experiment is  the two class paired case, according to
> arguments of siggenes, I set the cl as follows:
>
>>npr4.cl
>
>    V1 V2
> 1   1  2
> 2  -1  2
> 3   1  5
> 4  -1  5
> 5   1  1
> 6  -1  1
> 7   1  3
> 8  -1  3
> 9   1  4
> 10 -1  4

 From the help page for find.a0:

  cl: a vector containing the class labels of the samples. In the
           two class unpaired case, the label of a sample is either 0
           (e.g., control group) or 1 (e.g., case group).  In the two
           class paired case, the labels are the integers between 1 and
           n/2 (e.g., after treatment group) and between -1 and -n/2
           (e.g., before treatment group), where n is the length of 'cl'
           and k is paired with -k. For one group data, the label for
           each sample should be 1.

So find.a0 is expecting a vector rather than the matrix you are using. I
believe you want something like:

npr4.cl <- npr4.cl[,1]*npr4.cl[,2]

You also don't have enough samples to do 26282 permutations, nor (I
suspect) do you really want to wait that long. I would suggest something
more reasonable like 500 or 1000.

Jim