[BioC] Microarray data analysis for experiments using amplifiedRNA

Claire Wilson ClaireWilson at PICR.man.ac.uk
Thu Feb 10 10:29:37 CET 2005

Dear all,

We found similar things when we looked at the standard and small sample
(amplification) protocols from Affymetrix (Wilson et al 2004,
Biotechniques. 2004 Mar;36(3):498-506). Whilst raw expression levels
from unamplified and amplified arrays were not directly comparable,
fold-changes were (i.e. if you divided the chips into unamplified and
amplified sets and compared fold changes calculated within each set,
there was good correspondence). We also used the RNA degradation plots
to assess the similarity/differences between the arrays. With regards to
the initial starting amount of RNA used in the amplification experiments
we found little difference in starting from 10 or 100ng; 1ng was harder.

Best

Claire