[BioC] problem using arrayQuality package

Georg Otto georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de
Thu Feb 10 21:21:48 CET 2005

Dear Agnes,

thanks for your offer to help. It might have been a problem with
memory, since today i tried it with data from only two hybridisations
(instead of twelve) and it worked, although it took a long computation
time. I will let you know when I found out more.

Now i have a different problem: I do not know how to do with the png
file of the diagnostic plots (in fact, I do not know much about
graphics at all). The plots and the characters are too small to be
readable and magnifying does not help. Unfortunately, postscript does
not work as an output file, it gives me the error message:

 > maQualityPlots(RG, DEBUG=TRUE, dev="postscript")
[1] "function starting"
[1] 17328     2
[1] "Re-evaluate Weight"
check Control color code 2 3 4 5
[1] "Set up data and normalization"
[1] "Reading normalization parameters"
list()
Using normalization method:   p
[1] "Name the output file"
[1] "hps-d4-cg-p4-slide16-25"
[1] "Name of output device"
[1] "diagPlot.hps-d4-cg-p4-slide16-25.ps"
[1] "start layout"
Error in ifelse(onefile, "Rplots.ps", "Rplot%03d.ps") :
         Object "onefile" not found

Now my question is: what is wrong with postscript here? Or
alternatively, is there a way to produce larger png files with larger,
readable characters and plots?

Thanks a lot,

Georg