[BioC] Gene filtering

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Feb 11 11:46:04 CET 2005

I think justRMA() uses nearly all the memory you have access to, so it
it only able to handle small computations afterwards. What I would
suggest is try saving the exprSet and exit. Then start from a fresh R
session and do your analysis from that. See below.

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 10:06 +0100, Heike Pospisil wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> I have a very naiv question and I think it is really simple - but I
> didn't solve the problem :-(
>
> I have 79 Affymetrix chips and performed justRMA() first.
>
>  >data
> Expression Set (exprSet) with
>         54675 genes
>         79 samples
>                  phenoData object with 3 variables and 79 cases
>          varLabels
>                 cyto: read from file
>                 vivo: read from file
>                 vitro: read from file

To save the object and exit without saving workspace image, type in

	save(data, file="mydata.rda", compress=TRUE)
	quit("no")

Start R and type in
	load("mydata.rda")
and proceed with your analysis.