[BioC] error in installing Bioconductor development packages

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 18 16:57:57 CET 2005

What version of R are you running? It needs to be R 2.1.0 (release
candidate) for this to work.
If it is not, then your first stop is to get a copy and use it. And
please always report OS and version of R, it's kind of hard for us to
guess these things

On Feb 17, 2005, at 4:58 PM, Tom Shi wrote:

> Hi, I have a question.  When I tried to install the development
> packages
> (by getBioC(develOK=TRUE) )  an error is generated that says :
> [1] "Installing reposTools ..."
> Error in getBioC(develOK = TRUE) :
> default:        targets affy, cdna and exprs.
> exprs:          packages Biobase, annotate, genefilter, geneploter,
> edd,
> .

well you seem to have snipped the actual error message, and what you
have shown us certainly doesn't help.

> (omitted)
> all:            All of the Bioconductor p
> In addition: Warning message:
> error 1 in extracting from zip file
> ___________________________________
>

> When I tried to run getBioC(develOK=TRUE) again, I get this error:
> ________________
> Error in checkReposTools(PACKAGES) : reposTools is out of date but
> currently loaded in your R session.  If you would like to continue,
> please either detach this package or restart your R seesion before
> running getBioC.

  And in this case, why not try and do just what it says? Either detach
reposTools or quit and restart R.

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |