[BioC] Ruuid installation problems

Raffaele Calogero raffaele.calogero at unito.it
Tue Feb 22 10:45:19 CET 2005

Dear All,
I have the following configuration:
Centrino 2GHz, 756MB Ram, Suse linux 9.2, Bioconductor 1.5
I got problem in installing the Ruuid package (see error below).
The error seems related to the lack of glib library, as I have seen from
the Bioconductor mail archive.
However, the problem is that after installing:
glib-1.2.10-589.i586.rpm
glib2-2.4.6-5.1.i586.rpm
glib2-devel-2.4.6-5.1.i586.rpm
glib-devel-1.2.10-589.i586.rpm

I continue to be unable to install Ruuid
Does anybody have some suggestions?
Raffaele

#######################à
In file included from clear.c:14:
uuidP.h:33:18: glib.h: No such file or directory
In file included from clear.c:14:
uuidP.h:47: error: parse error before "guint32"
uuidP.h:47: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
uuidP.h:48: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
uuidP.h:49: error: parse error before "time_hi_and_version"
uuidP.h:49: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
uuidP.h:50: error: parse error before "clock_seq"
uuidP.h:50: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
uuidP.h:51: error: parse error before "node"
uuidP.h:51: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
uuidP.h:52: error: parse error before '}' token
make: *** [clear.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Ruuid'