[BioC] Ruuid installation problems

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue Feb 22 11:07:34 CET 2005

On Feb 22, 2005, at 1:45 AM, Raffaele Calogero wrote:

> Dear All,
> I have the following configuration:
> Centrino 2GHz, 756MB Ram, Suse linux 9.2, Bioconductor 1.5
> I got problem in installing the Ruuid package (see error below).
> The error seems related to the lack of glib library, as I have seen
> from the Bioconductor mail archive.
> However, the problem is that after installing:
> glib-1.2.10-589.i586.rpm      glib2-2.4.6-5.1.i586.rpm
> glib2-devel-2.4.6-5.1.i586.rpm
> glib-devel-1.2.10-589.i586.rpm
> I continue to be unable to install Ruuid

> Does anybody have some suggestions?
> Raffaele

Yes, and the lines below tell you the problem (or at least some of it)

most of these libraries have a little helper function, in the case of
glib, it is called
glib-config
find it, make sure it is on you path, so that if you go (in the shell)

glib-config --cflags

you see something like:
-I/usr/local/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include

where the location, will of course be different - unless your computer
looks a lot like mine,
but do make sure that the file glib.h is in one of those directories
named here
(installing from rpms sometimes does odd things -). Once that is true,
then you should have
not problems...

Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |