[BioC] Ruuid installation problems

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Feb 22 18:07:40 CET 2005

Hi Raffaele

I ahd a similar problem. The reason for this was that root had a
different path from my own user and I was trying to install the package
as root. I was quite mystified, as everything seemed to work.

So after you have set your path using the export ... command (if you are
using bash, check by
  # echo $SHELL
), you can check if things work by trying to use TAB to autocomplete
glib-config. If you cannot autocomplete, your path is wrong.

Kasper

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 07:20:59AM -0800, Seth Falcon wrote:
> Hi Raffaele,
>
> I think you didn't quite do the right thing with PATH.
>
> On Feb 22, 2005, at 4:09 AM, Raffaele Calogero wrote:
> >>This is what I have done:
> >>/opt/gnome/bin/glib-config --cflags
> >>-I/opt/gnome/include/glib-1.2 -I/opt/gnome/lib/glib/include
> >>I tryied to set the path in my .bashrc adding the line:
> >>PATH=$PATH:/opt/gnome/include/glib-1.2:/opt/gnome/lib/glib/include
> >>export PATH
>
> Try instead,
>
> export PATH=$PATH:/opt/gnome/bin
>

> >>It seems to work although I got a warning:
> >>Warning message:
> >>Undefined slot classes in definition of "Ruuid": uuid(class "uuidt")
> >>in: .completeClassSlots(ClassDef, where)
>
> We're working on fixing this warning message.  The package should work
> as intended.
>
> + seth

Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen