[BioC] GoHyperG

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 24 16:08:34 CET 2005

If what you want is the mapping from some manufacturer's identifiers to
gene symbols (?) then
you need to use the data packages (if you are using affy then you get
the one for your chip, if not, then you have more work to do, but you
didn't really give us very much to go on here)

So, for example, if I had some affy ids from a HG-U95a2 chip, in a
vector x,
I would do something like

library(hgu95av2)
mysyms = unlist(mget(x, hgu95av2SYMBOL))

if what you want is to first, find all genes that have a GO annotation,
given a chip you can use
the mappings in hgu95av2GO2PROBE or hgu95av2GO2ALLPROBES (and I will
leave it to you to read the manual pages and find out what the
difference is)
eg.
 > hgu95av2GO2ALLPROBES$"GO:0000022"
        TAS
"37171_at"

and then
  > hgu95av2SYMBOL$"37171_at"
[1] "KIF23"

Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |