[BioC] Installing R

Elizabeth Brooke-Powell etbp2 at wustl.edu
Thu Feb 24 20:41:24 CET 2005

Good afternoon,

I am sorry to bother you all with this, but I don't know much about macs and
I have been trying to install R and its CRAN and bioconductor packages onto
a mac with OS X. It is a G4 with plenty of space and memory. I have been
looking at the R project webpage and frankly I don't understand the
instructions for installation. I don't know which down load and install
files I need. I have R GUI running on my PC and I got one single install
file. Do these things exist for Macs? Once loaded is the process the same
for getting the packages from CRAN and Bioconductor? I go to the toolbar in
the GUI window and click install packages from CRAN and Bioconductor under
packages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Be well and in touch,

Liz

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]