[BioC] Problems with hgu133plus2

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Sat Feb 26 06:09:50 CET 2005

I have an idea (although I do not know why it is so): R tries to find

C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2000/library/hgu133plus2/data/hgu133plus2QC.rda

Inside the directory

C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2000/library/hgu133plus2/data/

you will find a zip file (I think) and if you manually unzip it, and
place the .rda file in the data directory, you should be ok.

We have seen similar things with other metadat packages under WIndows. I
have no idea why, but at least the fix is pretty simple.

Kasper

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 07:24:41PM -0700, Vitalina Komashko wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm trying to to install and make package hgu133plus2 work on my computer. I run
> Windows XP.
> I tried it both with  R-2.0.0 and R-2.0.1 and downloaded all packages by default
> using:
> >source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
> >getBioC()
> Hgu133plus2 was installed as release package by downloading .zip archive and
> installing from pull down menu: Install from local zip file(s). Also I tried to
> install hgu133plus2 as development package using:
> > library(reposTools)
> > install.packages2("hgu133plus2", develOK = TRUE)
> But every time I get following message when type:
> > hgu133plus2()
> Error in open.connection(con, "rb") : unable to open connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> cannot open compressed file
> `C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2000/library/hgu133plus2/data/hgu133plus2QC.rda'
> This error causes problems with annotation of my data. Can you suggest something?
> Thank you very much.
> Sincerely, Vitalina Komashko.

Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen