[BioC] Re: Installing Bioconductor on R 1.9.1

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 23:35:42 CET 2005

Hi Marion,

> And I'll add that you might be better served if you advocated for your
> organization's getting more sysadmin's to take care of your research tools
> for you, instead of having each and every researcher go off and spend
> hours
> of their time learning the nuts and bolts of compilers and operating
> systems.
> Unless of course you enjoy doing that sort of thing and have someone
> willing
> to pay you to do it (:-).

The assumption that a higher number of system administrators means better
service and less hassle for the users is certainly an attractive one. I
have seen instances when this was true, and I agree we should all strive
to make the world a better place.  But in the meanwhile some of us also
have to live and deal with its little imperfections.

Also, not every Bioconductor user is in a position to influence such matters.

Best wishes
 Wolfgang
Wolfgang Huber
European Bioinformatics Institute