[BioC] specifying a path in read.table on a Mac

John Cornell jecornell at satx.rr.com
Sat Jan 15 15:39:47 CET 2005

Dear Bioconductor:

I am trying to read a *.csv file from a UBS microdrive using
read.table.  I am using R 2.0.1 on a G5 IMac.  I tried the following:

data <- read.table("DATASTOR:Data:dataset.csv",sep=",",
header=T,na.string="NA")

data <-
read.table("DATASTOR::Data::dataset.csv",sep=",",header=T,na.string="NA")

I have also tried variations on backward and forward backslashes, but
none of the variations appear to work.  I supect that the solution is
rediculously simple, but I can't see it.  Can someone help me?

John