[BioC] Can't install tcl/tk on Mac OS 10.3.7

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Sat Jan 15 22:28:00 CET 2005

Hi,
you should install the tcltk (apple) package that comes with the R for
Mac OS X installer. In the R for Mac OS X Faq it is written that you
need to have a copy of X11-tcltk to run tcltk R package.
the AquaTclTk is not compatible at the moment with the R GUI.
So
1. install (X11)tcltk that comes with the installer
2. run R
3. run the X11 windows server (either from the R toolbar or from your
Applications folder)
4. library(tcltk)

as for 3. : in some cases X11 window server is not installed on your
hard disk, but you can find it in the install CDs of Mac OS X in all
distributions of OS X 10.3

stefano