[BioC] Two bioinformatics conferences in Sydney in July

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Wed Jan 19 01:54:41 CET 2005

This is just a heads-up re two statistical bioinformatics related
conferences in Sydney in the first and second weeks of July this year that
might be of interest to users of Bioconductor software. The first is

The Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute Symposium, "Recent Advances
in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Markov Chain Monte Carlo", see
http://web.maths.unsw.edu.au/~scott/symposium.

The second is

20th International Workshop on Statistical Modelling "Statistical Solutions
To Modern Problems", see http://www.uws.edu.au/iwsm2005

IWSM 2005 is not a specifically bioinformatics conference but has
statistical genomics and gene expression as major themes this year.
Abstracts are due for IWSM 2005 on January 31. There will be talks on
microarray analysis at both conferences (research talks rather than tutorials).

I have a vague memory that the dates may overlap with a planned
R/Bioconductor workshop in Seattle, but I can't find any info on this on
the www. These workshops may be of interest though to those interested in
research talks who want an excuse to visit Australia.

Cheers
Gordon