[BioC] Mac binaries

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Wed Jan 19 02:57:01 CET 2005

Hi,

I am a Windows/Linux user but have lots of biology clients who
are Mac users.  They generally don't have the Developer Tools
installed, so what is the best way for me to help them to
install a package like "affy" which has C source code?  Does
anyone provide Mac binaries for commonly used Bioconductor
packages like affy upon each Release?  I can ask our I.T.
administrator to upgrade R and the developer tools on a shared
Mac machine so I can build R packages for Mac users (which I
only do occasionally), but I'm wondering if there's an easier
way?  Preferably not requiring admin privileges.

I need affy, and would like affyPLM and gcrma also

Thanks,
James

James Wettenhall                                  Tel: (+61 3) 9345 2629
Division of Genetics and Bioinformatics           Fax: (+61 3) 9347 0852
The Walter & Eliza Hall Institute         E-mail: wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
 of Medical Research,                     Mobile: (+61 / 0 ) 438 527 921
1G Royal Parade,
Parkville, Vic 3050, Australia
http://www.wehi.edu.au