[BioC] Mac binaries

Byron Ellis ellis at stat.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 19 11:55:40 CET 2005

If they're using the R GUI the Bioconductor Binary packages should be
available directly from the "Package Installer..." sheet since AFAIK
Stefano builds them along with the other CRAN packages. I'd check, but
unfortunately my R GUI crashes (its a -devel branch version) when I try
to get the list of packages.

In any case, you shouldn't need to get admin rights to install packages
on OS X once the Developer Tools are installed. I have all my packages
(including Bioconductor) in a user-local directory
(~/Library/R/library). If I had been especially clever I suppose I
would have made a special Bioconductor repository and installed the
BioC packages there (IIRC getBioC.R asks where you want to put them. I
usually build by hand, where you can use the '-l,--library' option to
specify a binary location).