[BioC] Mac binaries

Simon Kidd kidd at mail.rockefeller.edu
Wed Jan 19 20:06:11 CET 2005

At 12.57pm +1100 19/1/05, James Wettenhall wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am a Windows/Linux user but have lots of biology clients who
>are Mac users.  They generally don't have the Developer Tools
>installed, so what is the best way for me to help them to
>install a package like "affy" which has C source code?  Does
>anyone provide Mac binaries for commonly used Bioconductor
>packages like affy upon each Release?  I can ask our I.T.
>administrator to upgrade R and the developer tools on a shared
>Mac machine so I can build R packages for Mac users (which I
>only do occasionally), but I'm wondering if there's an easier
>way?  Preferably not requiring admin privileges.
>
>I need affy, and would like affyPLM and gcrma also

You can get the developer tools for free by joining ADC at :

<https://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/106/wo/ar6PeQMkw3iD277qbJj1IQQ8dR4/0.0>

They also came  with  the most recent OS release (10.3). I haven't
bought a mac in a while so I do not know if they come with new Macs.

Simon