[BioC] Getting LimmaGUI to run

chris umbricht cumbrich at jhmi.edu
Fri Jul 8 22:47:03 CEST 2005

  I'm trying to invoke limmaGUI(),
and get the following message from the limmaGUI App(?)/window
(R2.1, BioC 1.6, OS X.3.9)

"Cannot find Tcl/Tk package "BWidget".  limmaGUI cannot continue.

limmaGUI requires the Tcl/Tk extensions, BWidget and Tktable."

as well as a bunch of unix directory stuff discussing if R can find the
right path for the Tcl/Tk extensions in a special error popupwindow.

Am I correct in assuming my Tcl/Tk environment is ok except for the
missing BWidget ± Tktable, since the R package manager lists them as
loaded (*)?

And if so, where do I find the BWidget ± Tktable extensions?

(*) including: tcltk, tkWidgets, widgetTools, but NOT widgetInvoke,
which gives me the following error:
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : Requires RGtk
Error: unable to load R code in package 'widgetInvoke'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'widgetInvoke'"

Moreover, when I try to download tkrplot from CRAN, I get:

"trying URL
'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/2.1/tkrplot_0.0-12.tgz'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb") :
	cannot open URL
'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/2.1/tkrplot_0.0-12.tgz'
trying URL 'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/2.1/PACKAGES'
Content type 'text/plain' length 27380 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 26Kb"

thanks for your time.

chris