[BioC] Problem with Installing affylmGUI on MAC OS X

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Fri Jul 8 23:24:27 CEST 2005

Hi
affylmGUI is available in binary form and can be installed from
inside R.app using the internal package installer.
.tgz is the file extension used on R for OS X of binary packages.

Form R.app menus, Packages & Data -> Package Installer, don't use
"bioconductor" (there is a bug in R.app 1.11 fixed in the forthcoming
version 1.12, it is the bug you are experimenting with the pull down
menu: instead of the package it retrieves the list of packages twice)
but choose "other repository" and specify "binary format" and the
bioc url, http://www.bioconductor.org, "get the list", click on
affylmGUI and install it.

In the next coming days the R.app (1.12) + R 2.1.1 will be available
on CRAN (under bin/macosx)

Hope it helps.

stefano
p.s. if you want to install package from source you need 1) read the
R for Mac OS X Faq and 2) specify options(pkgType="source") before
using install.packages()

p.s. the complete list of BioC packages for OS X at: http://
www.bioconductor.org/bin/macosx/2.1/PACKAGES