[BioC] I need published data with bio and tech reps

Uri David Akavia uridavid at netvision.net.il
Wed Jul 13 21:27:35 CEST 2005

Naomi Altman wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am writing a paper on methodology, and I need an example (with data) of a
> published data set with both biological and technical reps.
> (I have several such experiments with unpublished data, thanks anyways.)

Requiring both is a harsh requirment. I don't know of an experiment that
had both.
> Perhaps I am not using these sources correctly, but the information on SMD
> and arrayexpress to not seem to allow me to determine which arrays are
> technical reps, or even which targets are on each channel for 2-channel
> arrays.  If someone could point me to an appropriate data set, or explain
> how I can get this information from one of the public databases, I would be
> very grateful.
I would highly recommend the GEO. I've found it to be a comprehensive
and clear database. Since it contains a few thousand experiments, I'm
sure you can find what you are searching for - the problem is that the
description of the experiments depends on the experimentors. Some of the
descriptions are very good, others aren't as clear. In general, which
target is which on each channel (in 2-channel arrays) is always present.

I hope this helps.

Yours,

Uri David Akavia