[BioC] Error messages in affylmGUI on PC with respect to plotting

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Jul 15 18:26:46 CEST 2005

Hi Rich,

On 15 Jul 2005, friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu wrote:
> 	I have installed affylmGUI on a PC and upon opening it got
> 	the
> error message

By "upon opening" do you mean you typed:

  library("affylmGUI")

The more detailed you can be, the better our chances of being able to
help.

> Error message: Error in eval(expr,envir,enclos):Object "plot
> Options" not found.
>
> Upon using the Estrogen Test set and trying to display the Intensity
> Density Plot I got the following error messages:

Again, you need to show us exactly what you entered (along with the
error message).

> Error in FUN(newX[,i],...): wromg type for argument 2 is called
> massdist
>
> and
>
> Error in title(PlotTitle): Plot new has not been called yet.
>
> As far as I know, i have installed everything asked for correctly.
> (affylmGUI, TclTK, Limma, Tkrplot, affyPLM, R2HTML, and Xtable(.

After loading the affylmGUI package, run the sessionInfo() function
and report its output in a followup post.  That will tell us your
version of R along with the versions of the attached packages.

+ seth