[BioC] A question about paired data and how to set up the designmatrix in LIMMA]

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Jul 19 13:45:58 CEST 2005

Actually on thinking about it a little onger, I can't see any reason why the fixed effect approach
for Patient is not also correct here, if correctly implemented.  The random effects (blocking)
approach is theoretically more powerful, but makes more assumptions.

Gordon