[BioC] hexbin needs colorspace - but where is colorspace?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 19 15:55:48 CEST 2005

    JimMcD> library(reposTools)
    JimMcD> install.packages2("colorspace")

    JimMcD> HTH,

    JimMcD> Jim

    JimMcD> Also, if you are using the devel version you will probably need to be
    JimMcD> running R-2.2.0

but really the grid-based  hexbin is in the current Bioconductor
(1.6), at least for me,
so I am a little perplexed why Naomi first needs to download it.

I guess, Naomi, you somehow managed to keep an old version of
hexbin around?  It may be because  getBioC() has changed and
doesn't install "hexbin" anymore AFAIK, unless you explicitly
ask for
   getBioC("hexbin", lib = ...., destdir = ....)

the need of which I had been wondering about as well..

Also --- probably more a question to the bioconductor-release-managers :
if you had used the above  getBioC(..) shouldn't you have gotten
"hexbin"  *plus* all the packages it depends on, i.e., in your
case "colorspace" as well?
Naomi, can you tell us *how* you've installed hexbin?

Regards,
Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich