[BioC] hexbin needs colorspace - but where is colorspace?

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Tue Jul 19 16:38:31 CEST 2005

OK, true confession time.  I tend to leave my software well enough alone
until I come up with a problem (as I just did).  So, I was running R. 2.0.1
with what I thought was the most recent release of Bioconductor.   I do
regularly hit the "update packages" button.

I have been installing Bioconductor by

installing R (on Windows)
using the pulldown menu to "install packages"

Hexbin was  in the "Install packages from Bioconductor" menu.  But that was
the wrong version, so I went to the Bioconductor website, and tracked down
the developer version of hexbin, which requires R 2.1.0.

I just upgraded to R 2.1.1.  Without starting over, it is hard to see what
comes automatically with hexbin, as I have already downloaded all the
relevant bits and pieces.

All I can say in my defense is that I do try to respond to more
bioconductor questions than I pose, to even the score a bit.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.  I guess I had better reinstall all
the Bioconductor software that I use to ensure I have the latest release.

--Naomi

Associate Professor
Bioinformatics Consulting Center
University Park, PA 16802-2111