[BioC] affy - pm() and mm() not returning affyids

Mark Larsen larsenmtl at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 04:40:51 CEST 2005

In the vignette "Description of Affy" it is sometimes shown tht the pm()
and mm() functions will return the affyIDs as row names while the sample
names as column names.  When I execute this, though, using R 1.9.1 and
affy 1.4.1 (I think), I just get a matrix with the sample names as
column headers but no row.names.  Also, in the vignette, it states you
can get the affyids using probeNames.  This works but the probeNames are
not numbered as they are when returned (as it is shown then can be)
using pm() or mm() (see page 14 of the vignette).

So my question is two fold (sorry for the long winded explanation).  How
do I get mm() and pm() to return affyIDs with numbers OR can I take it
for granted that the probeNames returned using probeNames are in order?
  I need to map the affyID to a specific sequence (ie compare sequence
to Raw Intensity) and they differ based on the number.

Thanks,

Mark Larsen