[BioC] Error in .initContents() : couldn't find function "isGeneric"

Straubhaar, Juerg Juerg.Straubhaar at umassmed.edu
Fri Jun 17 16:31:09 CEST 2005

I get the following error when starting R:

Error in .initContents() : couldn't find function "isGeneric"
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Biobase'
Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData

I just installed R version 2.1.0 and BioC release 1.6. on a gentoo linux machine.
The .RData file was generated with the new version and distribution.

When I cp .RData to a machine (gentoo linux) with R version 2.0.1, release 1.5, I have no difficulty starting R with the saved workspace image restored.

The file .RData is about 30Mb.

Thank you,

Juerg Straubhaar
UMass Med