[BioC] Error in .initContents() : couldn't find function "isGeneric"

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Jun 17 17:38:05 CEST 2005

On 17 Jun 2005, Juerg.Straubhaar at umassmed.edu wrote:

> I get the following error when starting R:
>
> Error in .initContents() : couldn't find function "isGeneric"
> Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Biobase'
> Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData
>
> I just installed R version 2.1.0 and BioC release 1.6. on a gentoo
> linux machine.  The .RData file was generated with the new version
> and distribution.
>
> When I cp .RData to a machine (gentoo linux) with R version 2.0.1,
> release 1.5, I have no difficulty starting R with the saved
> workspace image restored.
>
> The file .RData is about 30Mb.

Hmm.  So what happens if you do:

R --no-restore --vanilla
library(Biobase)
sessionInfo()

A workaround might be to load your session where you can (R 2.0.1) and
save off individual objects that you need to individual .rda files
using the save function.  Then load them into the new R using load.

+ seth