[BioC] How to get a heatmap of a dendrogram subtree?

Lourdes Peña Castillo lourdes.pena at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:30:54 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have another question about heatmaps...

I would like to get a heatmap only from a part of the cluster (right
now, it is impossible to read the labels).

I got the dendrogram sub-trees using the cut function (subtrees <-
cut(cluster, h=1)).  Now, before giving each subtree to heatmap, I
guess I have to select the corresponding data from the matrix (i.e.,
the probes that are included in each sub-tree), how can I get the
leaves/members of each subtree (subtrees$lower[[i]])?

or alternatively, how can I partion what is shown in a heatmap while
keeping the ordering of the cluster?

Thanks!

Lourdes